Bader Othman Malallah
General Director of Arab Planning Institute
“The importance of entrepreneurship and SMEs In regional development and the role of regional Arab Institutions (API as an Example) in enhancing entrepreneurship and innovation”
Dr. Bader Othman Malallah, is a Kuwaiti Citizen, with a Ph.D. in Public Policies–Government, from Claremont University in USA. He is currently the Director General of the Arab Planning Institute, an Arab Regional Organization based in Kuwait, and Chief Editor of Kuwait National Human Development Report, and The Journal of Development & Economic Policies since 2011, and a Member of the Supreme Council for Planning and Development; State of Kuwait from 2009 to 2016, and a Member at the Board of Saad Al-Abdullah’s Academy for Security Sciences since 2016, and an International Ambassador for Social Responsibility since 2018.
Prior to joining API in October 2011, Dr. Malallah worked as an Advisor on Human Development and Public Policies at the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD); Kuwait, 2000-2011.
- Member, Advisory Economic Committee Chaired by His Highness the Emir of Kuwait.
- Member, Commission Endowment Resources, Awqaf Public Foundation in Kuwait.
- Member, Advisory Board, United Nations Human Settlements Program (UNHABITAT).
- Member, Advisory Board, United Nations Development Program in Kuwait (UNDP).
- Member, Editorial Board, Arab Consolidated Economic Report (AHDR).
- Member, Board of Trustees of the Arab NGOs Network.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Regional Center for the Development of Educational Software.
- 1987-1989: Member of Team Of Experts on the Study of LAS Organizations.
- 1989-1999: Part time Professor at Kuwait University
- 1989-2000: Secretary General, Arab Group of Arab National and Regional Development Institutions, Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD); Kuwait.
- 1991-1999: Advisor, Ministry of Information, State of Kuwait.
- 1999-2013: Advisor to the Speaker of Kuwait National Assembly.
- 2004-2009: Member, Advisory Board, UNDP Human Development Report.
- 2017 – Until now: Member, Editorial Board of Journal of Arab Children.
- 2018: Member, Advisory Committee of the Quarterly Journal (The Administrative), published by the Institute of Public Administration / Oman.
Participated in many national, regional and international conferences in the areas of economic and social development. He conducted and presented many papers and studies in the areas of human development, public policy, employment, micro-credit and education development.